Never lose a prescription again!
eScripts (electronic prescriptions) are now available at Alevia.
An eScript is a prescription that is generated electronically and sent to you by your doctor via email allowing you to conveniently access your scripts from your smartphone or email.
An eScript replaces the paper prescription, but you may still choose a paper prescription if you prefer.
The best things about eScript are:
• You can access your scripts whenever you need them, from wherever you are
• You can order your script in advance, saving time at the pharmacy
• Keeping all your scripts in one central place, in a script wallet like MedAdvisor means you can easily keep track of your prescriptions and repeats
• Less handling of paper in the pharmacy means less transmission of germs
• Using less paper is better for the environment.
How eScripts work
1. If you would like an escript ask at your next appointment.
2. Your Alevia GP will send a unique QR barcode (known as a ‘token’) to your email. If you have more than one medication being prescribed, your Alevia GP will send a separate token for each one.
3. You can then forward the token to the pharmacy via email or the MedAdvisor app, or visit your local pharmacy with your token. The pharmacy will scan the token to unlock the details of the prescription and dispense your medication.
4. Once your prescription is filled, your token will no longer be able to be used. If your script has repeats, a new unique token is sent to you by your pharamacy (again by email or SMS or returned to your MedAdvisor app), for your next script to be filled. Please ensure you leave the pharmacy knowing where your token is. If you are unable to locate your token, you need to contact the pharmacy that last dispensed your script. Hint: you can scan your email or SMS messages for “erx” and this may help you to locate the repeats.
Tips for using eScripts:
• Please ensure we have your correct email address and mobile phone number
• Check you have received the email or SMS prior to the end of your consultation with your Alevia GP
• Using an app like MedAdvisor makes it even easier to use eScripts.
Frequently asked questions
How safe are eScripts?
The eScript system uses the highest level of security through the Prescription Exchange Service (PES), which means your eScript (or token) is protected through layers of encryption, and can only be unlocked by someone authorised to access it (i.e. your pharmacist).
Do I need to have a My Health Record to use eScripts?
No, a My Health Record is not necessary to use eScripts.
What technology do I need for electronic prescriptions?
You just need a smart phone to receive your eScript via SMS, or an email account that is accessible on your smart phone.
Do I need to use MedAdvisor?
MedAdvisor is a ‘script wallet’ that makes it even easier to manage your eScripts, as it keeps them all in one central place, so that you can easily keep track of your prescriptions and repeats. It also provides an easy to use, convenient way to order your scripts to be dispensed for collection or home delivery. Simply download MedAdvisor from the App store or Google Play and follow the prompts.
How do I order my eScript through MedAdvisor?
Once you have registered MedAdvisor with your local pharmacy, your e-scripts (both originals and repeats) will be conveniently visible in your phone.
I accidently deleted an eScript SMS or email – what should I do?
If you accidently delete the SMS or email that has your eScript token in it, you will need to contact your Alevia GP to ask them to cancel the lost token and request a new one.
If you accidently delete your repeat token, the pharmacy that dispensed the original eScript can reissue you with the repeat for that script.
How do I know which eScript tokens I’ve already used?
Your pharmacy can tell you which token eScript tokens have been used. If you are not using the MedAdvisor app, you should delete the eScript token you’ve used once you receive your medicine. Once a token has been used it is no longer valid.
Who can collect my medication?
Just like with a paper prescription, a family member (or authorised person) may collect your prescription medication for you. Just forward them the email or SMS with the token so they can provide it to the pharmacy to unlock the eScript.
Can I go to any pharmacy with an eScript?
Most pharmacies are eScript-ready, please check with your pharmacy first that they are enabled to dispense electronic prescriptions.
Can I still get a paper prescription if I want one?
Yes, paper prescriptions are still available. You can choose to have either a paper or an electronic prescription.