Ginger, Garlic, Chicken and Noodle Soup
Total cooking time: 40 minutes
8 cups of salt-reduced chicken stock
500 g boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into thin pieces
1 piece fresh ginger, halved lengthwise
6 garlic cloves, sliced 1 package mushrooms, halved
1 tbsp. salt-reduced soy sauce
2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
2 packets of Slendier noodles
4 baby bok choy, separated into leaves
2 cups of snow peas
1. Combine stock, chicken, ginger and garlic in a large pot over high-heat and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce to a simmer and cover with lid until chicken is cooked through. Roughly 30 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms, soy sauce, sesame oil and allow to simmer again, until mushrooms are softened and tender.
4. In the meantime, cook the Slendier noodles by emptying contents to a bowl, adding boiling water from a kettle and allowing to sit for a few minutes. Drain, then add to soup.
5. Stir in the bok choy and snow peas. Allow to simmer for a few minutes until vegetables are crisp.
Note: this is a great dish to use for leftovers at work the next day! Keep refrigerated in a container overnight and heat it up in the microwave for a delicious healthy lunch!